Saturday, September 27, 2008

Forgotten..!!

There was a time
When I saw life here
When the birds chirped
When the flowers bloomed
When the kids played and circled around me

I gave shade to many a visitor
Some would take a nap
While others talked endlessly
The fruit of my branches
Filled those empty stomachs

I enjoyed their laughter
Heard their vows
I gave respite
From the scorching sun

But that was then
When I saw life here
Now there isn’t a leaf that moves
There isn’t the wind that heals

I wait here for that life
When I had it all
Before those slaughterers came by
And took it all away

I witnessed a lot of bloodshed
I saw terror in the eyes
Of innocent
As they were murdered
Ruthlessly

Those few who were left
Fled, to save their lives
Leaving me here
Waiting for life

Hoping they would come back
Again there would be life here
And a season of joy
Hoping I don’t remain deserted forever

Until then
I just wait
As I stand tall
My mood so somber
And state, forgotten
Oh! so forgotten

14 comments:

  1. That was a very unique way of putting across the musings of a withered tree!

    Lovely verse :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Sameera,, glad u liked.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks,, Priya.. :-)

    ohh yeahh,, seasons sure do change.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww that was one good post! Loved the way you have put across all the feelings...not missed even a single...
    Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. u reminded me of the many poems i'v read in my literature classes at school..abt cutting a tree..

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope were reminded in a happy sorta way.. :-)
    Thanks,, anwesa.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed the poem a lot.
    Very nice post.

    ReplyDelete