Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Waiting for a miracle (Conclusion)..!!

After 6 hours long operation, Karan came out with a sober face. Rahul was jittery and he didn’t want to hear the bad news.
“The operation was successful. Kriya would be in ICU for 2 days under observation. There are no complications and she is breathing just fine. She should be awake in couple of hours and you can see her then. Few days and she can go home but she will have to keep coming back for regular check ups.” Karan told Rahul.
“Thanks, man. Thanks for saving her. I am so very grateful to you.” They hugged.
“But, Rahul there is a bad news. She won’t be able to conceive again. I am so sorry.” Tina had already come there by now and listening to Karan she cried vehemently and just hugged Rahul tight.
Rahul stood there still and tears trickling down his eyes and couldn’t move. As if the whole world came shattering down.

**************************************************

Present:

Today it was their anniversary again. It’s been 2 years since that fatal accident but still is fresh in Kriya’s memories. It still haunts her. Even though Rahul has been ever supportive of her but they both have a feeling of loneliness deep within. All this time, she hasn’t been able to forgive herself. She still blames herself for talking over the phone while driving that day. Tears were trickling down her eyes as she looked out of her home window. Suddenly her phone buzzed.

“Hey, Tina. How are you?”
“What’s with the sad tone, girl? Don’t tell me you are sitting again thinking about the past. Wipe your tears and get ready. I’m coming to pick you up. We will go out for lunch and catch up on the last week’s stories.”
“Tina, not today. I am really not in a mood. Please just not today.”
“You know it, Kriya, I won’t take no for an answer. I’ll be there in 15 minutes. So see you then.” And she disconnected.

They went to a nice Chinese restaurant and were waiting for their order to come.
“Ok! Kriya, first of all, wish you a very Happy Anniversary and here’s a small gift for you and Rahul from Karan and me. I know you don’t like gifts, but I am sure you won’t say no to this. Open it and tell me what you think.”
Kriya was taking her own sweet time to open the gift carefully, making sure the wrapper stays intact.
“Kriya, it’s Ok. If you like the wrapper so much then shall get you in bulk. You can tear this one apart and just see the gift. I am anxious to see your reaction.”
Kriya opened the gift and tears trickled down her eyes.
Tina held Kriya’s hand, wondering the reaction “I didn’t mean to make you cry, Kriya. I thought you will love this.”
“Oh! ofcourse I do, Tina. I couldn’t have been happier. This means a lot, thanks.” Kriya was a strong devotee of Ganesha. Nothing else mattered to her more than her prayers to Him. She had a huge collection of Ganesha in different styles, art, work, paintings, all over her home.
“I knew you would love this and wouldn’t say no. Ok, listen, now there is another surprise for you. Remember, I told you about the 7 day trip that I won for exceptional performance in my team. Finally, I have got the tickets today. Karan and I have decided that Rahul & you definitely need a change of place so instead of us, you both would be flying to Paris.”
“What. Paris. Tina you must be out of your mind. There is no way we can go. Rahul & I don’t have any leave so you guys just go ahead. I don’t need any trips. I have work here which I can’t let go.”
“Yeah, did you say it all or something is still left? You both are going and I am not listening to any of your crap. Full stop. It has been decided. That’s it. You know I don’t take No for an answer, Kriya so why are you even trying.”

After a lot of persuasion from Tina & Karan, Rahul & Kriya flew to Paris. This was their first trip there and they looked at the city in complete awe. It just couldn’t have gotten better. The soft music in the background and the Eiffel Tower in the evening was alluring and for once they seemed to have forgotten their sadness and were back to being their self like before. Their hotel room overlooked the Eiffel Tower and they cherished every moment of exploring the city. Just a day before when they were about to leave, Kriya overheard the hotel receptionist talking about the Magical Fountain where wishes come true. Kriya, curious to know more, enquired about the place and went to visit it.

She reached the fountain and took out the coins from her bag. Somehow gasping for breath, she just sat down for a while, close to the fountain. Her mind was racing with different thoughts but the droplets of water falling on her face gave her some inner tranquil. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath. With tears flowing down her cheeks, all she could say was “I would be lying if I say I am extremely happy and contended but I don’t blame you for that. All I want is inner strength and a hope to never lose the faith I have in you. I will wait for my turn if there can ever be a miracle. And yes, even as I speak, I do have faith.” She threw the coins and walked away. Tinkerbell, who was listening to her prayers, was touched by her honest wish. She felt the sadness in her voice and a tear trickled down.

Kriya went straight to her hotel room. Rahul had a surprise waiting for her.
“Kriya, I haven’t said this to you in days or even months but I always have. I loved you even when I didn’t say and I love you even more when I am saying.”
“What took you so long, Rahul? What happened to us? I love you too and missed you so much. These 6 days have been eternity for me. After a long time I have felt being free.” Kriya was crying and hugged Rahul. Rahul took her out on the hotel balcony where he had made the arrangements for a candle light dinner. Kriya was still in tears and he held her tight and wiped her tears. “Come, let’s enjoy us. Let’s celebrate our last day here in Paris.” They both hardly ate and were yearning to be in each others arms. They hadn’t seen each other like this in quite sometime now.

The next day they returned back. Tina & Karan picked them up from the airport.
“So how was your trip? Hope you guys enjoyed and had a nice time. Show me the photos. Ok, what did you get for me?” Tina said it all in one breath and then noticed both of them sitting close and thought it indeed was a worth it trip. Kriya smiled, looking at Tina.
“It is so nice to see you smiling, Kriya.” Tina hugged Kriya while dropping them at their home.
After a few days, Kriya went for her regular check up and found out she was pregnant. All she could think of was to call Rahul. She still didn’t believe what happened but she was happy and thanked God for a second chance.

Tinkerbell felt happy that she could bring happiness to Kriya and glad she granted her wish who waited so long for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment