Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Waiting for a miracle (Part I)..!!

“OK! Where the hell did you keep my wallet, I can’t find it anywhere.” Screamed Rahul, trying to leave for office in the morning.
“It is right there on the table, where you kept those papers. Can’t you just see before screaming.” Answered back, agitated Kriya packing lunch boxes.

"You know I am always in a rush in the morning so why don't you keep my stuff all together. Anyways, did you sign those papers for the insurance. I will take them now."
"Clearly, i have my own errands to run in the morning, so you should take care of it yourself, Rahul. I haven't signed the papers, didn't find time. I shall get them to your office by evening."
Rahul slammed the door and left for office in disgust.

This has been an every day story. Both Rahul & Kriya have lost the charm. The magic that used to be there in their relationship has long gone. All that is left today is two strangers sharing the same roof. Two souls who leave in a rush in the morning for office and come back late in the evening.

Things were never like this between the two. They were dating for 4 years before they finally decided to tie the knot. This was 5 years back. But last 2 years have been very difficult for both of them emotionally. It seems like yesterday when they both seemed so happy and yearned for each others company.


************************************
2 years back:

Kriya was 7 months pregnant and every thing seemed so perfect. At times, even their friends used to envy their relationship. One day as Kriya was getting dressed to leave for office, Rahul came from behind and put a beautiful diamond pendant in her neck.
“Hey beautiful, I win again this year. I am the first one to wish you a happy anniversary consecutively for the third year in a row. Now, how does that make you feel?”
Kriya feeling embarrassed only could say “Thanks, hon. Oh! I wish I could do something to my memory. Let me just kiss and make it upto you”. They both smiled and kissed and left for office.

While on her way to office, Kriya called up Tina, her friend of 8 years “Hey there. So, are we all set for today evening?”
“Don’t you worry, dear. I have it all under control. I know with a bloated tummy like yours, you wouldn’t have managed it without me. So, just relax as all the arrangements are done”. Assured Tina.
“You know Rahul just gave me a beautiful diamond necklace and is still thinking that I forgot about our anniversary again this year. Thanks to you, there is a surprise party arranged now which I am sure will really take him on cloud nine.”
“Forget about everything that you just said. I am still hooked onto the first sentence. You got a what. Diamond necklace. Girl, aren’t you just plain lucky. You guys have been together for so many years but still have a relationship so fresh. Karan should learn a bit from Rahul. But honestly, Kriya, am really happy for you. You couldn’t have really asked for more.”
“Ok, now before you get all mushy again let me just hang up as Rahul is calling. I will talk to u later. Bye.”
“You just left 10 minutes back and he is missing you already. Let me call Karan right now then. Bye babes, and don’t worry about the evening. It shall be a night to remember.”

“Hey, sweets. What’s up?” Said Kriya answering the phone.
“Did you reach office or are you still driving?” Rahul sounded cautious as he never liked Kriya driving and talking over the phone. One quality he totally detested but couldn’t do much about it as she had her way.
“I will be there in 10 minutes. Don’t worry I have my eyes on the road even while I talk. Tell me, why you called.”
“Nothing, I just called to know the plans for the evening. I have booked dinner for two in your favorite resta…..”
“Hey, listen, hold on. I told you we have to go for my office party today. We have to be there as my boss is also coming down. Don’t you remember?”
“Yeah! I thought it might ..... what was that noise… Kriya. Hello. Are you there. Hello….. what happened.” Rahul tried to connect again but phone was not reachable.

Rahul panicked and sensed something wrong happened. He picked up the car keys and rushed to Kriya’s office place. On the way he called her colleague but Kriya hadn’t reached office yet. Just few blocks from her office, Rahul saw her car toppled over and another SUV smashed few meters away. His heart skipped a beat. He rushed to the car but she wasn’t there. The cops told him that she was severely injured so the para medics took her to the hospital.

At hospital, doctors told Rahul that her condition was very critical and he would have to decide whether to choose the baby or her. “Save Kriya. Save her, please Karan. Do anything, everything, whatever you can but save her, Karan.” Rahul said frantically without batting an eyelid. He signed few papers and the operation started. Rahul made all the necessary phone calls to family and friends.
********
Conclusion in next post..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment