Sunday, July 15, 2007

Life after school..!!

Well, as they say the fun begins when you get to college. Simply it is an extension of your school life but definitely has a feel of independence. You don’t have those morning assemblies anymore, the teachers don’t bother if you are present in their class everyday and ofcourse you don’t have a uniform to wear anymore. Those are the liberties that you get when you join college. My school life was definitely the best but then there is no denying the fact that college did add color to it. Infact it was college where I learnt the facts of life right from the importance of being independent, voicing your opinion, managing your money, making the set of friends which think alike to making decisions about your career. I had a roller coaster ride in college where the life revolved more around friends and things to do. Luckily for me both my graduation & post graduation wasn’t the hardest place for adjustments as I made friends quickly and then went on to enjoy and take life as it comes.
I think the reason for missing school when you are in college is that unlike school college has fewer restrictions. Though it sounds great to have fewer restrictions but at the same time it is about the thrills you get out of breaking certain rules and regulations which were limited to school life. Of my college what I remember the most is the number of house parties that we had and the pocket money always ran out watching the movies in theatres. Something I even laugh about till date is how we had the dedication to watch a movie the very day it released without even feeling the pain of waiting for 2 – 3 hours in the line. I think life continues in different phases and if you happen to enjoy each of these phases then you truly do live your life the best way possible. You learn different lessons of life in each phase and as they say “life is all about learning and experiencing new things”. I am glad that I can reminisce those times even today and have a strong urge to turn back the clock to relive those moments all over again but then why would I want to miss out on the excitement and the adrenalin rush that I have in my life today, my present. Yes, it is complicated and yes it might sound contradictory but given the choice who wouldn’t love to have the best of all. I definitely would, wouldn't you..??

No comments:

Post a Comment