Saturday, July 21, 2007

Woman of Substance..!!

Well, there is another addition to the list of women who have been doing so well professionally. It is amazing how the whole outlook towards women has changed in the last 10 – 15 years and they have been taking up some postions of power & control. The latest addition to this is Mrs. Pratibha Patil, the very first woman to be elected to the highest office of the country. For all those who don’t know, she is the newest President of India. That indeed is something. Wow I feel so proud to be a woman. I think there is nothing a woman can’t do if she puts her heart and soul into it. As a person I don’t know her but have read certain articles on her and ofcourse only time would tell how she fairs. But here is wishing her the very best and may she puts her best foot forward.

But point to note is that being a woman I do agree to one thing for sure. There is one industry where undoubtedly the men do extremely well and way far better from women. Though this is just my personal opinion but I think ‘men make better chefs than women’. I won’t deny the fact that there are surely some women who cook the most delicious food in the world and I can name a few without the blink of my eye but then as a whole the majority of chefs are men and let’s face it they do an amazing job and to prove I really don’t need to go too far to look for one. I think I could vouch for this any day that my husband makes better tasting dishes than I do. He does it from his heart while I do it to finish the work so that explains my prejudice.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment