Sunday, July 15, 2007

Those were the best days of my life..!!

I still remember when I was about to complete my 12th grade I was super excited as I knew the day wasn’t far when I would be in college and have my own rules and no more uniforms. Even today i can’t forget what my teacher told me then “you should be happy you are in school as once you leave, these are the days you would love to have again back in your life”. I always wondered why would anyone want to remember the school days where there were so many rules and regulations and exams, mid term tests all the time. And to my belief those are the days I actually miss the most today. Not that my graduation wasn’t good enough and not that I didn’t do well in my post graduation and not at all that I am not as happy today as I thought I would be. No, none of these are the reasons for me remembering those good ol’ days. But the way I see it I think it was the golden era with no responsibilities and no tensions whatsoever even though you always were so pressured to present your best foot forward. The only tensions I believe I had then was to get good grades in exams and luckily this tension used to build up only when the exams were nearing else it was all about movies, games, playing with friends, hanging out and having fun.
I wonder how life was so relaxed and cool and still used to feel the rush to have more excitement, more adventure and more thrills. Just can’t forget the pranks we played on each other and then try to cover up ourselves. It is funny how even after a decade those memories seem so fresh as if it all happened just yesterday. It feels so nostalgic and then the old idiom comes to my mind “Time flies”. I have heard my parents and grand parents saying this so often as they have seen me through different phases of life. Even when I went to college I remember how my parents were astonished that the time went by so quickly and before they realized I was in college. Something I thought i never understood and wondered how can time go by so quickly as for me I felt that time never moved. But now when I look back in retrospect I do understand the meaning of this phrase and the sentiments attached to it. Life does come at you fast and I truly believe in it. It is then we realize that there are so many things to accomplish and so much to do that time just seems so less. It is this vision of ourselves in the future that keeps us going and the support from family and friends that make us stronger towards the harsh truths of life. I have been fortunate enough to have the best days in the school and when I look back now I feel how important it is for all of us to live in the moment and enjoy the present as we can’t be certain about what would happen tomorrow. It is indeed the best time of your life when you learn so many different things but still never take up anything seriously as there is still so much to see and learn from in life. Having said all this about my school life I think it would be absolutely cruel if I don’t mention about my college days which were absolutely wonderful on a different level altogether.. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment