Wednesday, March 19, 2008

An ode to family..!!

Life comes at you fast. If I may say, real fast then I won’t be wrong. It seems like yesterday when I was born and started making friends. I thought that was the best time in life and nothing could take that away from me. But then as you grow older you realize how things around you change and you overcome your preset notions. There is a time in everyone’s life when they feel that they will lose something so precious to them but can do nothing about it.
Life is ever changing but what I am glad about and know for sure is that there are some things in life that would never change. I think everyone lives their whole life thinking that there is enough time to reciprocate to someone’s small gestures. There is enough time to do something that can be done at the moment. There is enough time to visit someone at a different time. But honestly, life isn’t then, life isn’t when instead life is this..now. I have lived my whole life thinking I have everyone by my side and they shall always be there. What I forget is that nothing is static. Today if I have grown then people around me are also growing and reaching a certain age when they need the love, care and affection that they have always given us. I have been fortunate enough in life to have a beautiful family and an amazing bunch of friends with whom I share absolutely everything.
It is only when the reality strikes you is when you become conscious that living in the moment is what can be done best. I realized this a month and half back when my mother was hospitalized and had to undergo a minor surgery. It struck me then that how important it is to cherish the moments one lives in now rather than complaining about something going wrong. The time is now to give your loved ones the attention they want, the pampering you want. As they say leave it for tomorrow and tomorrow never comes. Appreciate your family now and miss them now because tomorrow when it’s all gone then there would be only regrets for not being there earlier on.
Life isn’t then, life isn’t when.. Life is this..here..now.. Think about it..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment