Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Life's speedometer..!!


I am driving,
I can’t believe I am actually racing;
I know I shouldn’t over speed,
But what other way would I lead.

I am zooming past all the other cars,
Only 2 – 3 cars are afar;
I don’t know how it would end,
Just trying to make the 2 ends blend.

I can hear everyone saying,
You can do it because you have that zing;
I wonder if that is even the case,
As now I have a cop in this chase.

He is in his bike,
And I am in my convertible Lamborghini;
He is trying to bring the speed in control,
As I am the culprit for the entire furor.

My mind isn’t working,
Whether to stop or go on continuing;
I choose the latter,
And begin to see the cop way farther.

I continue zipping across the curvy terrain,
And driving for long has now become a pain;
But soon it will be all over,
When I will emerge a winner.

It all started for fun,
Now took a sad turn;
When I drove past a car,
Completely destroyed in fire.

Aha! I come to the end point,
Somehow am little disappointed;
Simply to find with dismay,
But it was indeed a genuine fray.

I lost by a few seconds,
And the winner took away all the compliments;
I am left here to ponder,
If this video game itself was the cheater.

I lost the bet too,
Sadly, empty handed, walk out the video game parlor door;
But with a satisfaction that makes me feel better,
That sitting here I just zipped through the life’s speedometer.

No comments:

Post a Comment